Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome to my rose garden!

It is a bit of an odd name for a blog; however, there is a reason behind it. I've started this blog so that I may have an outlet for my many thoughts, comments, ideas, and crazy rantings for all the wonderful and not so wonderful books that I read.  I want a place where people, like myself, can come and talk all they want about books and have the satisfaction that someone somewhere is "listening" without having to see that crazy expression on their face that says "what are you talking about" or better yet the one that says "oh my god, shut up".  I don't know about anyone else, but I've gotten those looks a few times in my life from people who really could care less.  You know, the not so bookish people. Anyway, when I think of the most perfect place to read a book, I picture a comfy chair on a porch overlooking a rose garden.  (Or maybe sitting on a beach....but Melissa's Beach didn't really sound as nice.) Hence the name rose garden.  I currently do not have a porch with a comfy chair that overlooks a rose garden, but I am content with my comfy chair by a window with flowers outside.

So once again, welcome to my little book world that I've created. Feel free to look around....not that there is a lot up just yet, but I am working on it.  I hope to have some stuff I've written up at some point.....if I don't chicken out...and eventually news on the novel that I'm editing, maybe some art, and whatever else my imagination throws at me.  So stay tuned because I promise there will be more interesting things coming.

Happy reading!

I will leave you with a quote by one of my favorite authors!

"I believe in the magic of books.  I believe that during certain periods in our lives we are drawn to particular books - whether it's strolling down the aisles of a bookshop with no idea whatsoever of what it is that we want to read and suddenly finding the most perfect, most wonderfully suitable book staring us right in the face. Unblinking.  Or a chance meeting with a stranger or friend who recommends a book we would never ordinarily reach for.  Books have the ability to find their own way into our lives.
~Cecelia Ahern

No comments:

Post a Comment